Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Three Musketeers

#29: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

Synopsis via Goodreads

D'Artagnan comes to Paris to join the King's Musketeers and soon finds himself caught up in high adventure and intrigue at the Royal Court.

The description isn't very descriptive, I know. :p I have really been wanting to read The Man in the Iron Mask by Dumas because 1) his book The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my all time favorites and 2) I love the movie version and have been wanting to read the text. Anyway, The Man in the Iron Mask is kind of like a sequel to The Three Musketeers, so I figured I'd better read this one first. Because of this, I didn't really have any expectations for this book at all.

It's pretty good! I was actually really surprised by how taken I was with the story. I thought that it was going to be lame and aimed more toward a male audience, but I was happy to find some romance and a bad ass female villain! d'Artagnan annoyed me at first, but grew on me more and more as I read. I am definitely an even bigger Dumas fan now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...