Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Hobbit

#12: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Synopsis via Goodreads:

Bilbo Baggins was a hobbit who wanted to be left alone in quiet comfort. But the wizard Gandalf came along with a band of homeless dwarves. Soon Bilbo was drawn into their quest, facing evil orcs, savage wolves, giant spiders, and worse unknown dangers. Finally, it was Bilbo-alone and unaided-who had to confront the great dragon Smaug, the terror of an entire countryside . . .

It's difficult for me to really review this book because I have been so in love with Tolkien for my whole little life and this was certainly not my first time reading this. The reason that I decided to read The Hobbit was because I wanted to honor Tolkien's birthday by reading the whole thing on January 3rd (which I did. This review just happens to be extremely late. In fact, after this one I'm still 2 reviews behind. Sorry!).

That being said, I'm really not as big of a fan of The Hobbit as I am of The Lord of the Rings. I guess Bilbo just isn't as exciting to me and with LOTR being a trilogy and all you get much more detail and all around fun times. Buuuuut I most def enjoy The Hobbit and respect it as the LOTR prequel. Anyway, I plan to read all three LOTR books this month as my classics (which I do every fourth book), so excitement ensues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...