Sunday, January 9, 2011

Living Dead Girl

#11: Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Synopsis via Goodreads:


Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.
Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.
Once upon a time, I didn’t know how lucky I was.
When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.
Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.
This is Alice’s story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.


This book deals with some heavy stuff, so beware! I actually thought that it was going to be a lot tougher to read than it was. I didn't even cry. That's not to say that it was bad or that I have no soul. The description and story was great and shocking, and in a sense I'm kind of glad that the more I read the book the more used to all the graphic stuff I got. Because that's what "Alice" went through too. I remember her making a comment in the story that you can get used to anything after a while, no matter how terrible. I imagine that's probably true, so I found it interesting that I became numb to the book's tough-to-read content as "Alice" became used to her abuse over the years. Also, I loved that this book was short and didn't get boring by dragging on as oh so many do.


3 comments:

  1. HEY GURL. I'm giving you The Stylish Blogger Award!

    go here for more info. duh. http://readhotreviews.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog: http://wordsandwhisperings.blogspot.com/
    Sorry if you don't accept them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...