Sunday, January 23, 2011

Margaux With an X

#19: Margaux With an X by Ron Koertge

Synopsis via Goodreads:

Margaux, known as a "tough chick" at her Los Angeles high school, makes a connection with Danny, who, like her, struggles with the emotional impact of family violence and abuse.

I hadn't heard anything about this one, but I wanted to read it because the description on the cover said that it had to do with this girl who falls for an animal lover... plus it's super small so I figured it would be a nice quickie. Well, I discovered after only a few pages why I hadn't heard of it before... IT SUCKS.

This is one of those books that focuses more on characterization than on plot which is evident in the fact that there is no real plot. On top of that, the characters aren't all that great. So here's some advice to you all: If you wants to read about heavy teen issues then read Ellen Hopkins. NOT THIS. It wasn't terrible, but I definitely had trouble shaking the feeling of this being a waste of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...