Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stolen

#10: Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Synopsis via Goodreads:

Sixteen year old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back? The story takes the form of a letter, written by Gemma to Ty, reflecting on those strange and disturbing months in the outback. Months when the lines between love and obsession, and love and dependency, blur until they don't exist - almost

My friend Traci over at Read Hot Reviews recommended this to me a while ago, so I'm glad that I finally got to read it! The books she tells me to check out (or else!) hardly ever disappoint and Stolen is no exception. What makes it such a great story? IT'S WEIRD. Not completely absurd to the point that it's annoying, but weird in the sense that it's such an unlikely situation.... but totally possible! I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen next or how it was going to end. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say READ IT. It's not what you'd expect which is refreshing and just all around awesome.

2 comments:

  1. yay! I'm so glad you liked it. I loved Ty... even though you're not supposed to :x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I loved him too even though he was a creepy mccreepster!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...